Sunday, April 27, 2008

Video Victim


Today's Bizarro is brought to you by the fine folks at The Church of Invisible Superheroes.

I haven't played video games since "Asteroids" was big back in the late 1900s. Seriously. All I know of them is what I see on TV commercials. But they look as though they may have advanced quite a bit since then in both graphics capabilities and content. I suspect many of them may be somewhat violent, too.

Extrapolating that limited knowledge to what I assume is an issue in some households in North America, I devised this cartoon where the kid is physically brutalized by his video game. I assume it's only a matter of time before games can fight back and assault you, not just your onscreen character. Might be fun.

Someone wrote me last week saying their family was having a debate over the meaning of the woman's use of scissors to cut carrots. I hated to deflate the debate, but there is no meaning. I just thought it was funny.

As always, click on the image to make it larger. It's the only way to properly count all the symbols. The number next to my signature tells you how many to look for.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Oddly enough, I always use my kitchen shears to cut carrots. The carrot pieces don't fly across the counter, like they do when I use a knife.

Of course, I tend to use a knife like the Highlander uses a knife.

There can be only one...

T. Walters said...

You should do a blog post on all of the symbols you regularly use, and why.
I've been a reader for a few years, and have enjoyed looking for them since I was littler.

Maktaaq said...

Are the scissors the sixth symbol?