Saturday, August 22, 2009

Attached











(For a swollen version of this cartoon, click the question mark in panel three!)

Bizarro is today brought to you by Guinea Pig Farts.

This idea came from my good friend, Cliff Harris, who is a wordsmith extraordinaire. He plays with words in unusual ways, writes word puzzles, writes stories in puzzle form, and just generally defies the laws of language in ways that make me wonder if he was dropped on his head as a baby. This cartoon isn't really an example of those skills, but I'm going to publish a Sunday cartoon in the next couple of months that features three examples of one of his odd puzzle motifs. I'll call it "Bizarro Sunday Puzzler," or something like that. It will be fun.

Meanwhile, if you're out in Williamsburg or Greenpoint, Brooklyn today, motorbike and I will be at a vintage motorcycle show called Brand X. Find me and say hello, and I'll give you a free pack of Bizarro Trading Cards!
What?!
Yes!

Your smile feeds my aching soul...

8 comments:

Karl said...

The bike show sounds interesting. I hope you're not going just for the pig roast, though.

Cliff the Guinea Pig said...

Buster Keaton? But I hardly even know her!

RSJ said...

Mr. Piraro: At the motorbike show, get yourself an Indian (you know what I'm talkin' about)!

Of course, you couldn't park it on the streets, but the Indian is a sho'-nuff fun ride.

Seriously, some company is remaking The Chief; here's the URL:
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/
Motorcycles/tabid/218/Default.aspx

I don't know if they are as good as the late '40s-early '50s models, though.

Bodi said...

Great one, I laughed my ass off!! Probably I feld identified...

patrick said...

Being someone who frequently forgets to attach the attachments, I really liked you comic!

doug nicodemus said...

i'm working on a scooter poker run as a fund raiser right now oddly enough...that cartoon is a hahahaha on the dan scale by the way..

Piraro said...

@RSJ...Indian Motorcycles are cool as hell but way out of my price range. Both the new and old ones. I'm only famous, not rich, unfortunately. :)

RSJ said...

@ Piraro: You're in violation of that old unwritten law that says if you're famous, you'll quickly get filthy rich. Apparently it doesn't apply to cartoonists. ;)