Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy Catless

Bizarro is brought to you today by This.

I just got back from Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary last night and was dead tired. I took a two-hour nap when I got home, then slept another 9 hours last night. Lordy.

I rode my motorbike up there and back (1971 BMW R75/5) and took the back roads instead of the big highway. What is normally a 2 1/2 hour journey took me 4 1/2 hours each way. Fun, but very tiring. Still, what a great time we had.

I'm behind on everything now, so no time to make a whole jazztown-hootenanny-blogspree right now. Got to catch up on a deadline and tons of email.

I like this Crazy Cat Lady cartoon because I know a few of them. It occurred to me that they'd be just as crazy without the cats.

Peace, love, and rainbows my friends...(tune in tomorrow for UNICORNS!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one!

Nowax said...

Friends don't let friends adopt more than three...ok four tops... cats.

Chriss Pagani said...

Oh man, I just finished posting an update/obit on Willem deKooning (the cat, not the artist) - http://feral-kitten-rescue.blogspot.com/2009/03/cat-photo-picture-of-day-main-coon.html - and I was all bummed and sad... and now this!

The cartoon is more accurate and insightful editorial than comic, for me anyway.

I'm really tired of being a crazy cat lady and I'm pretty much ready to pack it in. :(

Penny Mitchell said...

We have 14 cats. They are strictly indoors, all either strays or from shelters, and most of them have physical/behavioral problems. Three are totally blind, one has one eye and no teeth, one is diabetic, one has crippled front legs. The three that are totally healthy are the ones that showed up as strays!

We EASILY pay the vet's electric bill every month.

I do look better in a bathrobe than what you've drawn, though. ;-)

Hailey said...

Ohhhh I love your blog! And I'm so glad you got some sleep!
My m-i-l is indeed a crazy cat lady...& raccoon lady and all around crazy lady... The smell of her place is so rank I can't even go near it, for once I am thankful for my allergies.
This cartoon actually shows so much compassion for cats, and cat ladies. Truly, it is touching. Thanks!

RSJ said...

True story: In Chicago, a single middle-aged woman who adopted something like 20 cats from the ASPCA -- thereby qualifying for the title of 'Crazy Cat Lady' from her neighbors -- was threatened by the city for having so many cats in her house. They claimed it was an 'unhealthy and unsanitary environment,' even though she kept excellent care of her pets. To stave off more visits from the local -- ahem -- fuzz, she simply filed the papers to become a non-profit no-kill animal shelter. Today she has many more cats and, sadly, not many adoptors, but at least she's not being pestered by the law, and even her neighbors don't think she's so crazy anymore.

Meanwhile, the cartoon is reminiscent of her living room, except she is not imagining the cats.

Chriss Pagani said...

BTW, I won't quite anyway... I was just sounding off because I get discouraged and generally bummed out from time to time.

Emilia said...

Excelent hahahahahaha