Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pockets












(click the cartoon above for a bigger Koala)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Tiger Urine.

As I've mentioned many times before and you're sick to death of hearing, I'm publishing a book of Bizarro super hero cartoons next spring. The thing is that even though I've been doing super hero spoofs (what a great word "spoof" is) fairly regularly for 25 years, there still weren't quite enough to fill a book, so I've been writing lots of super hero gags in the past couple/three months to fill out the quota. Some of my friends and collaborators have been good enough to send me their super hero ideas, too. Thanks for all the help.

I like the idiocy of a super hero who carries a fanny pack in case there might be something in it that can help in a crisis, and I really like the perspective I drew this from. The windows in the pink building get pretty wonky toward the top, they're not really in correct perspective at that point, but I drew this out of my head without reference, rulers or straightedges of any kind, so I'm giving my self a break. Maybe I'll fix it for the book. Yes, I'm just that anal.

7 comments:

monsterzero said...

Rulers? We don't need no stinkin' rulers!

Jongudmund said...

See, I think the whacky perspective works because it makes you feel like you're getting vertigo, which you would at such a great height...

ANDROID said...

Do you carry a sketchbook all the time and practice drawing?

ojeano said...

Leave the windows on the pink building as is. It's all part of the "dizzying heights" effect. It works.

Fryewerk said...

Lines in perspective are curved, our cone of vision crops them off and our brain straightens them out...but you knew that.

Piraro said...

@android...I draw every day but I've never been one to carry a sketchbook.

ANDROID said...

cool